Following In Jesus Christ Footsteps

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Joshua & His Son's Territory

Good Morning to each of you today!
Let's have PrayerBefore Starting Your Day
Gracious God, I acknowledge that You are worthy of all honor, glory
and praise. I am thankful for the victorious work of Your Son, Jesus
Christ at Calvary for me. I appropriate His victory for myself now
as I willingly surrender every area of my life to Your will.

Thank you for the forgiveness and righteousness that has been given
to me as Your adopted child. I trust in Your protection and
provision daily. I know that your love for me never ceases.

I rejoice in Your victory, my Lord, over all the principalities and
powers in the heavenlies. In faith I stand in Your victory and
commit myself to live obediently for You my King.

I desire that my fellowship with You become greater. Reveal to me
those things that grieve You and enables the enemy to secure an
advantage in my life. I need the Holy Spirit's powerful ministry in
my life; bringing conviction of sin, repentance of heart,
strengthening my faith and increasing perseverance in resisting
temptation.

Help me to die to self and walk in the victory of the new creation
You have provided for me. Let the fruits of the Spirit flow out of
my life so that You will be glorified through my life.

I know that it is Your will that I should stand firm and resist all
of the enemy's work against me. Help me to discern the attacks upon
my thoughts and emotions. Enable me to stand upon Your Word and
resist all the accusations, distortions and condemnations that are
hurled against me.

It is my desire to be transformed through the renewing of my mind,
so that I will not compromise with the ways of the world, or yield
to the enemy's attacks, but be obedient to Your will.

I draw upon those spiritual resources that You have provided me and
I attack the strongholds and plans of the enemy that have been put
in place against me. I command in the name of Jesus Christ that the
enemy must release my mind, will, emotions and body completely. They
have been yielded to the Lord and I belong to Him.

Lord, enable me to become the person You created me to be. Help me
as I pray to be strong in faith. Show me how to apply Your Word in
my life each day. I know that I wear the full armor of God when I am
committed to and stand firmly upon Your Word. I want You to have the
supreme place in my life.

I surrender myself completely to You, Lord. You are always faithful
and You extend Your grace to me constantly, even when I do not
realize it. I claim Your promise of forgiveness and cleansing in its
fullness. In faith, I receive the victory today that you have
already put in place for me. I do this in the name of Jesus Christ,
my Savior with a grateful heart. In the name and power of the Blood
of Jesus, Amen


Now let's get into the Word of God; Open Your Bibles to Joshua 16:1-31 , Let's see what our Precious Jesus had to share with us this morning.

1And the lot of the children of Joseph fell from Jordan by Jericho, unto the water of Jericho on the east, to the wilderness that goeth up from Jericho throughout mount Bethel,

2And goeth out from Bethel to Luz, and passeth along unto the borders of Archi to Ataroth,

3And goeth down westward to the coast of Japhleti, unto the coast of Bethhoron the nether, and to Gezer; and the goings out thereof are at the sea.

4So the children of Joseph, Manasseh and Ephraim, took their inheritance.

5And the border of the children of Ephraim according to their families was thus: even the border of their inheritance on the east side was Atarothaddar, unto Bethhoron the upper;

6And the border went out toward the sea to Michmethah on the north side; and the border went about eastward unto Taanathshiloh, and passed by it on the east to Janohah;

7And it went down from Janohah to Ataroth, and to Naarath, and came to Jericho, and went out at Jordan.

8The border went out from Tappuah westward unto the river Kanah; and the goings out thereof were at the sea. This is the inheritance of the tribe of the children of Ephraim by their families.

9And the separate cities for the children of Ephraim were among the inheritance of the children of Manasseh, all the cities with their villages.

10And they drave not out the Canaanites that dwelt in Gezer: but the Canaanites dwell among the Ephraimites unto this day, and serve under tribute.

The Bottom Line:They give the lots of Ephraim and Manasseh, the children of Joseph, who, next to Judah, were to have the post of honour, and therefore had the first and best portion in the northern part of Canaan, as Judah in the southern part. God's people now, as of old, suffer his enemies to remain. Blessed Lord, when will all our enemies be subdued? 1Co 15:26. Do thou drive them all out; thou

alone canst do it. These settled boundaries may remind us, that our situation and provision in this life, as well as our future inheritance, are appointed by the only wise and righteous God, and we should be content with our portion, since he knows what is best for us, and all we have is more than we deserve.

A Godly person decendents often reap numerous benefits from a person life, but there is No greater than having our Inheritance coming unto us of which our God hands over to his remenant's whom served Him throughly and put everything on the line for Him and had no agenda's but Jesus Christ first and above life and it's business. catcmo2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home