Following In Jesus Christ Footsteps

Friday, April 21, 2006

The Sword Of The Spirit Which Is The Word Of God


The Sword Of The Spirit Which Is The Word Of God The Roman Sword was a short sword, which enabled the soldier to be mighty in combat. It was 24 inches long and it was sharp on both edges. It required rigorous training to be developed good combat skills and techniques. We too, must work hard to develop proper techiques to be victorious in our battles. Planting a lot of GOD'S WORDS in our hearts and minds is our first step. The, when we need it in the heat of the battle, we'll be ready. The sword of the Spirit is the Word of God ( Heb.4:12). Our sword is quick and alive energetic and it divides the word even the soul (psyche) from the Spirit (pheuma), when you put the sword of the Word in your mouth, you can discern and defeat the enemy. When you put the word in your mouth, you can defeat the enemy, just as Jesus Christ is going to do at the final battle (Rev.19:15). He will come back wearing a garment dipped in his own blood. He is the Word of God [Logos], and out of His mouth will go a sharp sword ( spoken word, rhema). We too, by the word of our testimony and the blood of the Lamb, can over come the devil ( Rev.12:11; Ps.149:6). The Sword of God is only a piece of armor that is an agressive armor of our weapons. Our liberal and constant use of scripture should be very aggressive, too. The expression, " You are What You Eat," is a case in point here! If You eat a lot of cooked , and dead food ( dead works, No action to your faith, T.V. etc. Instead of very fresh and live vegetables and some luscious fruit ( reading the Word of God and acting on it, spending time in prayer, being doers of the Word), you'll reap failure, doubt, worry, sickness, discouragement, fear, and weakness in spiritual matters. If You sow the living God into Your mind and heart, you'll reap abundant life and victory over Your circumstances. The Word of God are .... Life , health, to our flesh (Pr.4:22). The defense is good offense! How else would a football team ever Win if all they did was defend thier own goal ? They then, wouldn't ever taste any victory. Self - Defense in spiritual things is very important, but can only be called maintaining. The real testimony and great victories only come through some really good offensive plays and venture into the devil's territory. Like another old saying goes: Nothing ventured , nothing gained! You need boldness for all of the days ahead of us. The body of Jesus Christ must become a full fledge team members and begin to carrying the WORD to others, speaking over it in our own circumstances. Teaching others how to have Victory, and then having that blessing being multiplies even greater unto us. The sword is the Word, and the Word was first and Last in the Beginning and the End. The Sword divides the sheep [God's people) from the goats ( Satan's followers). It cuts away deception religion, and reveals truths. It causes people hearts to smite them, and it will bring clarity, allowing the Holy Spirit to move in and bring conviction and repentence, or deliverance and help. The Word of God bring comfort, allowing the comforter (Holy Spirit) to minister. When the Holy Spirit breathes on the Word (logos), it brings quickening life, and understanding to Your heary (rhema). In Jesus ' temptation, Satan left Jesus useing the word against him. Satan will also leave You, if Your bold and liberal, persistently using God's Word. It's with the Sword of the Spirit we cast out demons. The Word cannot be applied in a harsh, haughty or persumptious ways against God's people. Attack the devil with the Word, and love the people. Alway's fight with the fruit of the Spirit. doing the opposite of what the devil wants you to do. If someone says very harsh words about You,then say kinds words about them. If the devil attacks You through someones hatered, respond in love. But don't beat people up with the Bible: It's the Holy Spirit's job to bring conviction. If You confession is how sick You are, or constanly cataloging problems, then you're really exalting Your problems over the WORD OF GOD. THIS IS SIN ! Is anything to hard for God ? Take the Sword and very aggressively smash the strongholds in Your life and in other's lives. Find scripture for every problem, and don't allow the situation to exalt itself above God or His Word ( 1Cor.10:4,5). Hack the problem up with the Sword until it's small in our minds, and witness for Yourself the awesome power of the Word of God to be overcomers in Your circumstanses, issues, and change from being defeated into God's stepping stones for personal success. Prayer Alway's : Part of the taking up the Sword of the Spirit is that We pray with the Word of God coming out of our mouths . When We do this then We are Wielding our Swords. (Eph.6:18). 1. Pray Alway's 2. Pray with All manner of prayer and supplication 3. Pray with the Spirit 4. Watch ( Strongs , agrupneo) Means to keep awake in prayer for All the other saints. 5. Perserve in watching. Let's Pray: I bow my kneee before You, my Lord and My God, I lift the name of Jesus above every name that is named. In this world and that which is to come. I worship You God, and praise You for the wonderful armor You so lovingly provided for Me. I put on the Lord, Jesus Christ, My righteousness, My truth, My peace, My faith, My only salvation ( Eph.6:11-17 ; 1 Cor. 10:4,5). I make My choice to be offensive, against the enemy, by continually speaking the Word over My life. I put on the armor of light, to destroy the works of darkness. Truth shall be My shield and Buckler. I will Stand and defeat the enemy with the Word of Truth, the blood of the Lamb, and the Word of My tesimony (Rev.12:11) . I put on the Belt of Truth. Holy Spirit, I invite You to lead and guide Me into All truths today as I put on the belt of truth (Jhn16:13). Lord forgive All the lies I've spoken. Bring clarity unto Me from speaking or believing a lie. Strengthening Me, Lord with the belt of truth. Only You, Jesus are righteous, I put off the old nature, and put on the breastplate of righteousness right now, which emanates only from Jesus Christ and His glory. My fleshly and unrighteous works are wood, hay and stubble, to be burned up in the fire. But the things I do for God, with His direction and a pure heart, will stand the test of fire,and only thesw will last. Jesus Christ breastplate will protect Me from blows against My heart. Jesus Christ' perfection is My protection ! Right now, I put on the shoes of peace. I recieve the peace that only You can give Me, Jesus, The calm assurence that You are Who You said that You'll do what You said You'd do. I will fill My heart with scriptures to keep My mind at peace, as I keep staying on You (Is.26:3). I resist the natural human tendency to fret and fear, and choose this day to fight with the fruit of the Spirit, peace. I take up the Shield of Faith, as I ask God to give me strength and dexerity to move it around to protect the other armor, as needed. I fight the fiery darts of the wicked one with the fruit of the Spirit, Faith ! My shield is huge, for God Himself is My Shield. With Faith I'll quench All the enemie's darts. I pour out the Oil of the Holy Spirit All over My shield. With faith I'll quench All of the enemies darts. I pour out of the Holy Spirit All over My Shield to bind the enemy and defeat his tactics. I put on the Helmet Of Salvation to protect My mind and thought life from the accuser, the liar,the evil thoughts of the wicked one, the devil. This helmet will protect Me from All pollutions and All deceptions of this world and cares of this life that weighs Me down. I put on Jesus Christ as My helmet to perserve My thought life from the constant onslaught of Satan. I ask You, Lord, that this helment to protect My ears from listening to any kind of evil, My eyes from dwelling upon evil, and My mouth from speaking evil. I resist evil thoughts and distractions, and command them to flee from Me. Lord, cause Me to meditate on the fullnes of Your salvation and Your protection. Help Me to keep My focus on You, Lord, and not on the cares of this life. Help Me choose the better part as Mary did, and completely stay at Your Feet. Dear Jesus, accordinly tp 2 Cor.10:4,5, I cast out any vain imaginations, from My mind: I pull down every Stronholds and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowldge of God. I bring into captivity every single though to the authority and obedience of Jesus Christ. Thank You, God for the helmet. Finally, with All of My defensive weapons in place, I take up the wonderful offensive weapon, the sword of the spirit, the Word of God. I weild it with boldness, advancing steadily into the enemy's camp, to take back what he has stolen from Me and others. I will defend what is Mine in Christ Jesus, with the Word of God, which is more powerful than Any two-edged sword. I will proclaim the Word of God, to All others to see the captives Free. God I humble Myself under Your mighty hand, that You may teach Me and lead Me into All truths, so I can correctly apply the truth inherent in the Word. Thank You God, for Your armor, which I will faithfullu wear. I will be part of Your great army, Lord, force fully advancing, and taking the enemie by force Amen. catcmo2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home